Bhindi or lady’s finger or okra is a popular Indian dish. It is of rich green colour with edible seeds and is rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron. Basically it is enjoyed with parathas, poori or chapatis. I am sharing a delicious fry masala bhindi recipe which can be cooked easily and quickly.
Some Tips to make a perfect fry masala bhindi :
1. Hand pick bhindi.
2. Choose tender and slim bhindi.
3. Make sure there are no holes in bhindi as it can be worms.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
Course: Main Course
Recipe By : Akanksha
Bhindi or Okra or Lady’s finger – 1/2 Kg
Onion – 1 medium size thinly sliced
Tomato – 2 medium size finely chopped
Cumin (jeera) – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Vegetable (Sabzi) Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add cumin (jeera) in it and crackle.
- Now add onion. Saute it till golden brown.
- Wash bhindi and dry them with a clean cloth. Cut into pieces of about 1 inch each.
- Now, add bhindi to the kadhai and saute on a medium flame till the stickiness vanishes. Stir occasionally until it turns hash brown.
- Now, add turmeric, salt and vegetable (sabzi) masala, chopped tomatoes and stir. Do not cover it, so it becomes a bit crunchy.
- Check if the bhindi is cooked properly. Switch off the flame. Serve hot with chapati, paratha or poori. It tastes awesome with all these.