Aam Panna or raw mango panna is an exclusive summer drink. It is refreshing and mesmerising. The sweet and sour taste makes it so mouth-watering. It is made from raw mango or kacchha aam.
Aam Panna also has heat resistant properties and helps in digestion. The drink helps fight the dehydration due to the scorching heat during summer season. It is not only full of taste, it also contains protein, iron, vitamins and folic acid. It helps your stomach from constipation, bloating, indigestion and diarrhoea.
Raw mangoes are also good for liver problems. The colour of aam panna depends upon how raw the mango is. If the mango is slightly ripe, the colour will be dark yellow, else raw mangoes give pale yellow colour to the panna.
There is a mango tree in my garden and we had lots of mangoes this season. So, we had lots of recipes to make this season like mango panna, mango pickle, mango chutney, instant mango pickle and sweet and sour mango pickle.
I remember how my husband used to pluck the mangoes and my 2.5 years old son used to collect the mangoes and put it in the bucket. Luckily, I did not have anything to do there.
Relaxing time !! I even have picture clicked of the mangoes will share them. Have you ever been to a garden full of mangoes and plucked a mango yourself? The scene is so overwhelming.
Here is a relishing recipe for a cool summer drink to beat the heat.
Tips for making Aam panna:
- The amount of salt and sugar can vary as per your taste and requirement.
- Use raw mangoes for a better taste.
- If the mango is very pulpy or it has very much fibre, you can filter the mixture before adding water.
- Serves best when chilled.
Preparation Time :10 min
Cooking Time : 10 min
Total Time : 20 min
Course : Summer drinks
Dish : Indian
Servings : 4
Recipe By : Akanksha
Raw Mangoes – 4-5
Mint Leaves – 2-3 stem
Black salt – 2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Water – 1.5 litres
▪ Wash the raw mangoes and mint leaves properly as it may contain mud. ▪ Now, boil the raw mangoes for 5 minutes in a pressure cooker to one whistle. ▪ Take a jug, add 1 glass of water to it. ▪ Now, add sugar, salt, cumin powder and mint leaves to it. ▪ Blend the mixture using a blender. ▪ Peel the mangoes and put it in the jug. ▪ Remove the seeds. ▪ Blend again to a fine paste. ▪ Now, add 2 litres of cold water to it. ▪ Check for the salt before serving. ▪ Serve chilled with ice cubes in it.