Routine is basically a way in which we do things regularly. Daily routine works like a magic for everyone. It brings discipline to deal with things which otherwise can be unorganised.
There might be questions arising in your mind. Is it necessary to follow the routine? Doesn’t routine sound way big for such a small baby?
The answer is YES. It might sound difficult in the beginning for the first time parents but gradually it makes life easier for your family. Daily routine changes radically.
Every child is different. Understanding and working out a daily routine is laborious task. It is an essential element to follow during parenting and should be started at the earliest.
I would suggest all the parents to set a well defined routine for their baby considering all his needs. Setting an alarm will help you not to skip things.
Here, I am sharing the set pattern which I used to follow for my baby.
Sample New Born routine :-
7:30- 8:00 am – Wake up, change diaper and feed.
8:00- 8:30 am – Light massage
8:30 am – Power nap
10:00- 10:30 am – Wake up, feed and sleep.
12:00 pm – Wake up, massaging, bathing, dressing and feeding, nap time.
2:00 pm – Wake up, feed and play for some time. You may narrate lullabies and poems. You can also talk to your baby.
4:00 pm – Wake up, feed and sleep.
6:00 pm – Wake up and feed. You may take your baby to other places of your house like your hall just to change the environment.
8:00 pm – Feed and sleep.
10:00 pm – Make him wear diaper. Feed and sleep
Tips To look at :
- A new born sleeps 18-20 hours a day.
- At night, when the baby wakes up feed him and then make him asleep.
- It is not possible to stick to the timing after all it’s a baby.
- It is not advised to take the new born to the outside environment.
- They are only able to socialise after 3-4 months.
- Keep the environment cozy to make the baby feel safe and sleep comfortably.
- Keep the lights dim. Switch on the lights when they wake up.
- This helps the baby to differentiate between day and night.
- While they are asleep, you may complete all your chores.
- So, that when they wake up you can attend them properly.
- The baby adapts the routine easily and gets habitual.
- It might be possible that you have to wake up your baby to feed or sometimes, they happen to wake by themselves nearby the feeding time.
- Gradually, they will be able to wake more during the daytime and sleep at night.
- This is the time when you need to change the routine.
- Yawning, rubbing eyes and crying are signs that the baby wants to sleep.
- Making them awake for long can irritate the baby.
- Although, crying can be a sign of anything and everything.
- A baby usually cries when he is demanding something be it food, sleep, nappy change or something else.
- This is the only way they an communicate.
- At last , I would like to say that a routine works if you stick to it.