Written By : Namrata
Foundations and concealers are the most in thing. Can’t do without them when got to attend events or functions or parties.
They are such essentials that make you look flawless. Though, I don’t believe having flaws make you any less a beautiful human (I have got one terrible pimple on my left cheek yesterday).
But anyway, make up is another level of happiness for all the girls and ladies out there.
First of all, foundations or even concealers shouldn’t be directly applied.
6 steps to get smoothly with them:
- Clean your face nicely with a mild soap like dove/pears or any mild face wash. Dry gently.
- Apply a face moisturizer, I prefer the morning nectar by Biotique. Then a primer to make the skin even.
- Use a cotton blender to blend it evenly. Make sure you do not rub, rather dab to blend.
- Apply foundation in a triangular portion on the forehead, eye to cheek area, chin and a line over nose. Also apply on the neck and back. Again go dab, dab, dab with the blender. Am a Lakme fan, so I always choose Lakme foundation of my skin tone.
- Use the concealer under eye or areas where you find blemishes or wrinkles. Again, Lakme! Blend it well.
- Touch the blender over finishing powder and dab over the entire face to settle.
Many of us think foundation and concealer are similar. No, they aren’t.
The concealer is a bit more dense and thick. It is more pigmented than the foundation.
One major blunder that we do is getting the foundation a bit lighter in skin tone than our own.
This causes whiteness that looks really bad. So make sure you use a foundation of your texture.
How to avoid getting cakey with the foundation or even concealer?
It happens only if the SPF you use is quite less and the skin is exposed to pollution and sun.
Lakme 9 to 5 and VLCC Sunscreen. Both suits my skin texture a lot and helps maintain the shine and glow on your face.
Happy make up!