Gobhi or cauliflower is basically of four colours white, orange green and purple.White colour is the most common surrounded by green leaves. Gobhi is eaten in many forms in India . I will be telling the recipe of gobhi ki sabzi in this blog. Gobhi makes an awesome combination with aloo and matar. It can be eaten with roti ,paratha and poori.
Some Tips :
- Do not overcook the vegetables as it may be broken and smashed.
- Boil gobhi to remove all the insects if any.
Preparation Time :10 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
Total Time : 25 min
Course : Main Course
Dish : Indian
Servings : 2-3
Recipe By : Akanksha
Cauliflower – 1 medium cut into medium pieces
Potato – 3 medium cut into medium pieces
Peas – 1 bowl
Onion – 1 chopped
Tomato – 1 finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2 chopped
Cumin – 1/4 tsp
Ginger- Garlic paste – 1tsp
Red chilli powder – a pinch
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya masala – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Salt – as per taste
Coriander Leaves chopped
- Take a kadhai or frypan and pour mustard oil in it.
- Allow it to heat.Add cumin and green chillies.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Then, add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add peas, cauliflower and potatoes.
- Fry for a minute on high flame.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, dhaniya masala, red chilli powder.
- Now, sprinkle 2 tsp of water on it and lower the flame.
- Allow it to cook.
- Stir once to check whether it is cooked.
- Do not over cook.
- When the vegetable is cooked, add garam masala powder leave it for a minute on low flame.
- Now, switch off the flame and garnish it with fresh Coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or poori.