Matar paneer is a delicious North-Indian cuisine made from green peas and cottage cheese. It is rich in texture and taste. This recipe is an utmost and flavoury dish with basic and easily available ingredients. It is an ideal curry recipe and can be served with rice and chapatis. Here, I am sharing a simple step-by-step recipe on how to make matar paneer. Try this and serve your family a bowl full of goodness.
- Use fresh Paneer for an outstanding taste.
- Use fresh green peas. You can also use packet peas in case fresh peas are unavailable.
Preparation Time :15 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
Total Time : 45 min
Course : Main Course
Dish : Indian
Servings : 3
Recipe By : Akanksha
Cottage Cheese(Paneer) – 250 gms
Green Peas – 1 bowl
Onion – 1 medium chopped
Tomato – 2 medium chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Sabzi Masala – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 tsp
- In a cooker, heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds to it and let it crackle.
- Saute onion till golden brown.
- Now, add tomatoes and saute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and sabzi masala.
- Saute till the masala starts leaving oil.
- Now, add green peas and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook till one whistle blows.
- Let it cool down.
- Cut the paneer into 1 inch cubes and add in the cooker.
- Cover and cook till one whistle.
- Your matar panner is ready.
- Add ghee and serve hot with Rice or Chapatis.