Vegetable Potli is bucket of vegetables wrapped and fried, you may also steam it. Served with tomato ketchup and Green Coriander Chutney, this dish is loved by children also, so in this way you can help them love vegetables. I experimented this recipe on my 5 year old niece and my husband. Whoa ! It worked wonders. Here , I am sharing a finger licking flavoured recipe to satisfy small hunger.
Preparation Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
Total Time : 35 min
Course : Snacks
Dish : Indian
Servings : 3-4
Recipe By : Akanksha
Whole wheat flour : 2 bowls
Bishop’s Weed (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
Salt – A pinch
Onion – 1 chopped
Carrot – 1/2 grated
Capsicum – 1 chopped
Peas – 4-5 peeled
Soybean chunks- 1 bowl
Cauliflower – 1/2 bowl grated
Coriander Leaves – 2 stems chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Mix whole wheat flour, bishop’s weed and salt.
- Pour 2 tsp refined oil and mix well till the mixture starts binding together.
- Add water and knead the dough and keep aside.
- You may use warm water.
- In a pan, boil the soyabean chunks for 5 min.
- Strain and cut into small pieces.
- In a fry pan, heat oil . Saute onion till golden brown.
- Now, add all the vegetables and saute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute again.
- Cover it and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add soya sauce and stir.
- Switch off the flame and add Coriander Leaves. Mix well.
- Cut the dough into small pieces.
- Make balls of the pieces.
- Roll each ball into thin circle.
- Place 1 or 2 tsp of the stuffing in the centre.
- Start pleating the edges and join the pleats in the centre to make a potli.
- Remove excess dough if any while forming the pleats.
- In a deep-fry pan or kadhai, heat refined oil to fry.
- Check if the oil is ready to fry the potlis.
- Deep fry the potlis.
- Keep the flame medium.
- Remove them when the potlis are golden brown. Vegetable potli is ready.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green coriander chutney.