Coconut Chutney is an all rounder dish. It can be served with Idli , Vada, Dosa, Uttapam,Rava Dosa,Rava Uttapam and all other South-Indian dishes. Coconut Chutney can be made of various taste and flavours by adding different ingredients. It is basically a dip used in mostly all the South Indian dishes. Here is a very easy and basic recipe. I have learned this recipe from my mother who is an expert in cooking and has always satisfied our hunger.
Preparation Time : 10 min
Course : Side dish
Dish : Indian
Servings : 3-4
Recipe By : Akanksha
Coconut (dry or watery) – 1
Curd – 1 bowl
Green chilli – 2 chopped
Ginger – 1inch
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 2 stems
Mustard oil – 1 tsp
- Cut the coconut into small pieces.
- Put ginger and coconut pieces into the mixer jar.
- Grind to a smooth texture.
- Add water if required.
- Empty the content in a bowl.
- Add curd and salt to it.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Fry mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add curry leaves and green chillies.
- You can also grind green chillies along with the coconut.
- Pour this tempering into the coconut chutney bowl. Stir
- Fresh Coconut chutney is ready.
- Serve with Idli , Dosa, Uttapam, Vada or any other dish.